Orthopaedic Surgeon in Turku, Finland. Special expertise in lower extremity surgery, including injuries and disorders of knee, ankle, foot, hamstring, rectus femoris, adductor and Achilles. Beside clinical work, active research career in the field of orthopedics and sports medicine, especially in hamstring, rectus femoris and Achilles tendon injuries and disorders.
Approximately 350 procedures per year:
• knee surgery: ligament reconstructions, meniscus
• muscle and tendon surgery: hamstring, Achilles, rectus femoris, adductor, patella, quadriceps, peroneus, biceps
• ankle and foot surgery: ligaments, tendons, fractures
• several international and national level athletes as patients
• several non-domestic patients from e.g. USA, Canada, UK, Sweden and Russia
• collaboration with international football teams, e.g. FC Barcelona, Spain, Atletico Madrid, Spain, AC Milan, Italy, Juventus FC, Italy, AS Roma, Italy, Parma Calcio, Italy and Watford FC, UK.
PhD Thesis Lempainen, Lasse: Surgical treatment of hamstring injuries and disorders – the clinical spectrum from chronic tendinopathy to complete rupture. Academic dissertation, University of Turku, Turku, Finland, 2009
Presentation video: Lasse Lempainen
Instagram: Lasse Lempainen
Publications: Lempainen Lasse, PubMed
Contact information: email@example.com
Specialist in orthopaedics and traumatology